If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a
Procurement Team Lead
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
About the role
- Lead and coordinate procurement activities based on assigned scope (Sites and/or countries).
- Ensures the effective performance of activities within the country/countries assigned and the achievement of service delivery requirements.
- Manages performance of individual contributors and builds teamwork within his/her team.
- Acts as business partner to Site Procurement Heads/Country Leads and to GPC counterparts.
- Initiates and drives continuous improvement in his/her team.
- Act as escalation point for own team to suppliers and internal stakeholders.
Team Leadership and Performance Management
- Recruits talent, based on skills & experience manages individual performance and people development through PMP process
- Provides guidance to the team based on management direction
- Promotes Teamwork within and amongst teams
- Assesses staff training needs and encourages compliance of training requirement for each level as part of the employee development program
- Ensures that the team has all the hours, materials, accesses and resources in place on a day to day basis to meet all its service commitments
- Allocates projects, saving initiatives to teams
- Ensures buddy system and succession plan are in place in the team.
Operational Performance Management
- Accountable for the smooth delivery of local and global administration and procurement processes, in line with agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Manages external and internal audits and ensures implementation of recommended actions based on audit results
- Acts as 2nd level of issue escalation for the team. Manages the allocated supply base in scope to ensure smooth delivery & material availability
- Manages compliance with directives and legal policy. Prioritizes work in alignment with business goals, strategies and policies Ensure the effective monitoring of supplier performance (KPI’s and Procurement KPI’s on GPC level)
Management of Business Partner Relationship
- Exercises business partnership by supporting decision making through adding value to the business by proactive delivery of information and knowledge. Leads projects with impact on his / her team and direct stakeholders
- Acts as Business Partner to Head of Site and align amongst GPC Team Leads assigned to region/countries
- Participants in regular calls with business partners
- Validate transfer plan in alignment with transition team and Senior Team Lead or Operations Manager
- Ensures completion of all gates according to transfer process for assigned sites/countries
- Monitor transfer progress by participating to gate & follow up calls with Sites/PMO
- Provide updated planning information & milestones to Transition team.
- Qualifications & Functional Knowledge-Education
- Engineering Degree or Business Degree or similar complemented by a demonstrated track record
- Relevant experience required
- 2 – 3 years of relevant procurement work experience, Leadership skills, Customer Service background, People Management skills
- Specialized or cross-functional knowledge / relevant experience required by the position/role
- Strong Negotiation/Influencing skills, Communication and presentation skills
- Other requirements (e.g. computer or tooling skills)
- Advanced level in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Experience with ERP Systems
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 36,000 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.