If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a
Junior Buyer (IGS)
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
About the role
- Manages the required processes in our ERP systems/tools (in accordance to specific task allocation) in line with the global Procurement processes including Purchase Order (PO) placement/ modification/ acknowledgment, parked invoices, expediting, documentation retrieval, supplier performance monitoring, reports creation, and any other Procurement related activities.
- Supports the Procurement organisation in all operative related processes, creates monthly reports, monitors supplier performance and supports the preparation of supplier(s) negotiation.
PR Procurement daily operational processes in the different ERP systems used
- Manage the entire operational processing of Purchase Orders for complex suppliers
- Create and modify purchase orders and resolve administrative issues related to purchase orders (1st Level Escalation)
- Resolve administrative issues related to Purchase Orders (1st level of escalation)
- Conduct requests for information (RFI), requests for proposal (RFP) and requests for quotation (RFQ) for complex suppliers in our Procurement System tool
- Resolve/Investigate assigned parked/blocked invoices for complex suppliers
- Expediting Purchase Orders Deliveries and related documents (includes Repair Orders) for complex suppliers
- Manage CDRL database which includes creation, modification, expediting and preparation of CDRL Reports for complex suppliers
- Support the Procurement organization during the complete supply chain such as
- Create and maintain purchasing contracts database for complex supplier
- Analyse with legal the supplier contracts
- Preparation of Operational Reports and KPIs
- Support the analyst 2 in collecting all Investor Compensation Fees Signed Agreements
- Supplier Chargeback Recovery (Special Transport Request, Work Orders)
- Administrative tasks which leads to team effectiveness
- Keep trackers with the processed items where necessary
- Create and update desktop procedures and other work instructions etc.
- Run complex reports and perform data analysis
- Manage non-standard requests
- Supplier relationship and performance management
- Monitor supplier performance and contribute to improving it
- Improve relationship with suppliers and responsiveness rate through organizing and having weekly calls with problematic suppliers, having calls with the buyer to discuss about supplier issues, providing additional information to supplier in order to ease communication with supplier.
- Processes / Tools / Knowledge Management
- Apply consistently the Procurement processes and tools
- Develop understanding of Procurement and Supply Chain business practices
- Share working knowledge on processes and tools
- Administrate purchase orders/subcontracts to maintain good supplier relations
- Explore continuously material cost reduction opportunities
- Support process improvement through identifying and implementing improvement ideas that drive efficiency and increase quality of deliverables
- Share and apply best practices within GPC organization
- Drive process standardization, optimization, automation, simplification
- Team Support
- Support the team members in approaching challenging situations
- Act as escalation point; provide advice and guidance when needed for non-responsive / difficult suppliers.
- Offer training for new joiners and refresher training whenever required
- Qualifications & Functional Knowledge-Education
- Business or IT Degree or similar complemented by a demonstrated track record
- Relevant experience required
- 2-3 years relevant experience
- Practice in business processes, communication (written and oral presentation skills) and drawing interpretation knowledge
- Understanding of business processes, technical and operational expertise, Intermediate communication skills in English and other language(s)
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 36,000 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.