Bombardier Transportation in Russia
Bombardier’s long-standing relationship with Russia began more than 50 years ago. In the late 1990s Bombardier acquired Deutsche Waggonbau AG (DWA), which began operating in Russia in 1948. From 1948 to 1995, DWA manufactured one out of every two passenger rail coaches made for the Soviet Union and later Russia.
Bombardier also supplied the electrical propulsion equipment for the new EP10 dual-voltage locomotives being built by Novocherkassk Electric Locomotive Works NEVZ.
With the WLAB 200 project, we entered the rolling stock maintenance market and, in cooperation with the Voitovich plant, overhauled 85 passenger cars for the international market.